On November 21st, in the Great Hall of the Institute for Literature the Institute for Literature Day was held. Official guests were Mrs. Margarita Popova, Vice President of the Republic of Bulgaria, His Excellency, Mr. Leszek Hensel, Ambassador of Poland in Bulgaria, Corr.member Nikolai Miloshev, Vice-President of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Corr.member Svetlana Kuyumdzhieva, Advisor to the Chairman of Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Corr.member Dimitar Dimitrov, Adviser to the Chairman of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, directors of humanitarian institutes, heads and representatives of various humanitarian and cultural institutions, as well as representatives of many universities in Bulgaria.
On 14th, 15th and 16th November 2013 at "St. St. Cyril and Methodius" National Library and at 74th and 15th halls of the Faculty for Journalism and Mass Communication at “St. Kliment Ohridski" Sofia University the National Conference "Our Modernism (Bulgarian literary modernism: authors, issues, concepts) was held.
On November 4th, in the Great Hall of the National Academy of Sciences the National celebration of the 135th anniversary of Acad. Mihail Arnaudov’s birth was held. The event was opened by Prof. R. Damyanova: “To highlight the importance of Acad. Mihail Arnaudov for the development of modern Bulgarian humanitarian studies means to consider the century-old development of the humanitarian thought in Bulgaria. You could say: Acad. Mihail Arnaudov is one of Bulgarian philological knowledge builders. His scientific work covers all branches of philological pursuits.
On October 10th, in the Big Hall of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences National celebration of the 200th anniversary of St. Sophronii Bishop of Vratsa was opened. It was preceded by a solemn service of the Tiveriopolski Bishop Tikhon at “St. Alexander Nevsky" Cathedral, served with His Holiness Patriarch Neophyte blessing and St. Sofronii icon procession.
On 1st of October in the Big Hall of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences was held the presentation of the new book by Assos. Prof. Dr. Alexander Yordanov, dedicated to Prof. Konstantin Gulubov - "Lonely and Decent. Prof. Konstantin Gulubov - Life, Work and Ideas.” Prof. Stefan Vodenitcharov, Chairman of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Prof. Ivan Ilchev, Rector of the "St. Kliment Ohridski" Sofia University, Academician Blagovest Sendov - Chairman of the 37th National Assembly, Prof. Milena Caneva, writers, scientist and journalists attended the event.
More Articles ...
- Bulgaria: Treasure of Words Exhibition in Varna
- Xth century Old Bulgarian Codex Suprasliensis in the Byzantine-Slavic relations context Exhibition
- Literary Evening, dedicated to the 120 - th anniversary of Elisaveta Bagryana’s Birth. Presentation of the Book "Elisaveta Bagryana. Letters. "
- National Conference on the occasion of the 100th anniversary of the birth of Assen Bosev
- Spirit of Letters and Signs Exhibition
- The "Treasure of Words" Exhibition at Kiev National University "Taras Shevchenko"
- Opening of the Center for Bulgarian Language, Literature and Culture at the Institute of Philology at Kiev National University "Taras Shevchenko"