- 2006 Dr. Hab. Dissertation on national mythology and national literature.
- 1988 PhD dissertation on 19th cent. Bulgarian fiction in translation.
- 1978 graduated from the University of Turnovo as specialist in Bulgarian language and literature.
- 2008 Professor at the Institute for Literature
- 2003-2005, 2013 Lecturer at the University in Veliko Turnovo
- 2000-2004, 2008- Lecturer at Sofia University
- 1999-2011 Lecturer at the New Bulgarian University
- 1999-2011 Deputy chair of the Scientific council of the Institute for literature; Lecturer at the New Bulgarian University
- 1994 Senior Research Fellow (Associate Professor) at the Institute for Literature, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences.
- 1991–1999 Lecturer at the University in Plovdiv.
- 1992- Editor-in-chief of Kralica Mab publishing house.
- 1989 Research Fellow at the Institute for Literature.
- 1982 Editor in Literaturna misal journal, published by the Institute for Literature (2011). Member of the Editorial Board from 1990, Deputy Editor-in-chief from 2000, Editor-in-chief from 2012.
- 1980-1982 Editor in Chitalishte magazine.
- 1978-1980 Highschool teacher in Bulgarian Language and literature in the town of Jakoruda.
- 2013- Encyclopedia of Romantic Nationalism (www.spinnet.eu), Amsterdam
- 2010-2016 100 Years Anniversary of Asen Hristoforov
- 2008-2012 Emotional content of Bulgarian identity: historical origins and contemporary dimensions
- 2005-2008 The category “friend – stranger” in the literature and culture of the Balkans
With Department of Slavic Languages and Literature of UAM in Poznań (Poland), Institute of Literature and Arts (Belgrade), Department of Slavic Languages and Literature of University of Zagreb (Croatia)
- 2003-2010 The Ideas of Enlightenment and the development of the Balkan Cultures
- 2002-2005 Problems of National and Cultural Identities: Bulgaria and Neighbours (With Institute of Slavonic Studies (Polish Academy of Sciences)
- 2000- Balkan Identities in Bulgarian Culture from the Modern Times (18th – 20th centuries)
- 1999-2001 To Think the Other: Images, Stereotypes, Crises. 18th – 20th centuries
MEMBER OF EDITORIAL BOARDS:
- Slavica Gandensia (Belgium) (2006-2010)
- Slavia Meridionalis (Warsaw) (2010-)
- Biblioteka (Sofia) (2013-)
- 2013. National award “Hristo G. Danov”, category Humanitarian studies
- Association of Bulgarian Writers
- Union of the Translators in Bulgaria; Bulgarian Society for Eighteenth-Century Studies (ex-president)
- The Academic Circle of Comparative
- Bulgarian National committee for Balkan studies
Main publications (books):
- Dimitur and Rahil Dushanovi (1988).
- The Translated Prose from the First Half of 19th Century (1990).
- The Bulgarian Murder: Plots with Crimes in Bulgarian Literature (1994, 2 rev. ed. 2007).
- Bulgarian Renaissance and Europe (1995, 2 ed. 2001).
- Encyclopaedia of the Bulgarian Literature 18th - 19th Centuries. (with I. Radev, R. Rusinov, G. Petkov, R. Radev and E. Nalbantova, 1996).
- Vasil Popovic. His Life and His Work (2000).
- Literature for 10 grade (with others) (2001; 2 ed. 2002, repr. 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008).
- National Mythology and National Literature. 2006.
- Bulgarian Literature from 18th and 19th centuries. One history. (with N. Chernokozhev, 2006)
- Bulgarian Literature from the Age of National Revival. 2009.
- Asen Christophorov: From London to Matsakurtsi via Belene. 2011.
- Sophronius of Vratsa: Life and Oeuvre, 2017.
- Ivan Naydenov: For Rights and Progress. 2019.
- Literature for 9 grade (with others) (2018)
- Literature for 7 grade (with others) (2018)
Editor and compiler of:
- Sofronius, Bishop of Vratza. Works in 2 volumes. 1989, 1992 (with I. Radev and others).
- The Classic Approach to the Bulgarian Literature. An anthology of criticism. 1994.
- Poljanov, Vladimir. The Sun Is Dead. 1994.
- Poljanov, Vladimir. Behind the Curtain of the Theatre, Literature and Social Life. Memories about events and people. 1997.
- Popovich, Vasil. Works. 2000.
- To Think the Other: Images, Stereotypes, Crisis. 18th -20th Centuries. 2001.
- Balkan Identities the Bulgarian Culture from the Modern Times. vol. 1, 2001; vol. 2, 2002, vol. 4. 2003.
- Modernity Yesterday and Today. 2003. (with R. Zaimova)
- Money, Words, Memory. 2004. (with R. Zaimova)
- Imagined Texts of Bulgarian National Revival. In Honor of Stefana Tarinska. 2005. (with Dancho Gospodinov).
- Urdan Trifonov. Selected Studies. Varna, Liternet Pudl. Online edition.
( http://www.liternet.bg/publish17/iu_trifonov/izbrani/content.htm). (with Nadya Danova).
- Despite divisions. Inter-cultural Dialogs in the Balkans. Sofia, Academic Publ. 2008.
- Nature et société. Nouvelles études rousseauistes. 2010. (with R. Zaimova)
- Emotional content of Bulgarian National Identity. 2012
- Asen Hristoforov. Selected Works. Vol. 1-4, 2012-2018.
- Robert Bloch, Psycho. 1992.
- Anthony D. Smith, National Identity. Sofia: Kralica Mab, 2000.
- Peter F. Sugar, Southeastern Europe under Ottoman Rule, 1354-1800. Sofia: Kralica Mab, 2003.